I am William Adam, currently a resident of Stirling, Scotland. I have been educated at the University of St. Andrews (B.Sc. Geography), Keele University (Ph.D. Glacial Geology) and the University of Edinburgh (M.Sc. in Geographical Information Science).
I am interested in photography, website design, coding and Geographical Information Systems. I currently consult on various projects both professional and personal. I am currently managing a website design and implementation studio for small businesses, individuals and creatives. You can visit my studio at Adam Design Studio.
This website is an area to display some of my photography, views on technology and some philosophical ideas that interested me.
This incarnation of the site has been running since October 2014. The various routes to this website have been registered since 2000 (adamsbothy.com) and 2006 (williamadam.com / williamadam.info / beingprimitive.com) and 2014 (williamadam.org).
My time is split between The Netherlands and Scotland. When I am in The Hague I can often be found in 't Ogenblik a brasserie on Molenstraat. In Stirling I often spend time complaining about the lack of Starbucks and having to settle for Caffé Nero. I spend most of my time travelling for photography and meeting clients to discuss projects that interest me.
- I primarily shoot my photographs on a Canon 5D mark III.
- My Instagram photographs are shot on the various iPhones I have owned and my Canon 5D mark III.
- I am one of the moderators for the Instagram hub @icu_scotland.
- I am the hub owner and one of the moderators of @lighttrailovers.
- I also have a flickr account that hasn't been updated in a while.
- Some of my photographs are available to buy here.
- I enjoy spending time designing and building websites.